Saturday, February 9, 2013

God's child

So I was out walking in the crisp winter air and it just felt so good. I felt like a little kid with a new pair of boots. I had an image, a mental flash if you will, of how, well, I was after all, God's child, and this is his beautiful day so I said thank you. In my head, he smiled and asked me how I was doing today. I thought about it for a second or two and said, "I'm doing great, thanks Lord."
I thought too about my eventual arrival in heaven, home, and God helping me out of my wintery gear, like a mother helps her child unbundle, smiling at my flushed cheeks and sparkling eyes.
I thought how he/she might ask me how I was doing, what I was thinking, and I thought, wow, life was a real trip! So much stuff to see and do and feel and experience. So many people to love.  But there was so much pain and suffering too, it hurt my heart and that that must be the difference between heaven and earth. On earth we all suffer the uncertainty of wondering if we matter, if we are loved, if anyone cares, if we belong. In heaven, we know we do.

No comments: